There are many reasons people choose self-storage.
Some use self-storage to secure excess belongings and free up space in their home (or between moves). Others use long-term storage as a way to store their precious belongings they don't need every day (but would like to have close at hand).
No matter why someone seeks self-storage, we wanted to share these six climate-controlled storage benefits for you to consider.
What Are The Benefits of Using a Climate-Controlled Storage Unit?
1. Benefits of climate-controlled storage for collector's items
Like many people, you may have a few collector's items that are important to you. Maybe you have a stamp collection, a set of antique china, or a rare book. When these items are not in use, it can be challenging to find a place to store them where they will be safe and secure. This is where considering humidity control comes in handy.
Here are some of the benefits of using self-storage for your collector's items:
- Climate-controlled units are ideal for protecting fragile items from extreme heat.
- South Rock Storage facilities offer 24-hour security, giving you peace of mind knowing that your items are safe and protected.
- Our facilities offer a variety of unit sizes, so you can choose one that is the right size for your needs.
2. Benefits of climate-controlled storage units for pet supplies
For several reasons, self-storage can be an excellent option for storing pet supplies. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it offers a secure and convenient place to keep your pet's belongings. A storage unit can be beneficial if you don't have a lot of extra space in your home.
Additionally, self-storage can be a great way to save money on pet supplies. By purchasing items in bulk and storing them in your unit, you can save money on both the initial purchase price and shipping costs.
3. Benefits of climate-controlled storage for sports equipment
Are you tired of tripping over your kid's sports gear every time you walk into the garage? Are all of your golf clubs taking up space in the living room or closets? If you're looking for a way to free up extra space in your home, consider using a storage unit to store your sports equipment. Here are some benefits of doing so:
- Self-storage units are an affordable way to store large items like sports equipment. You can typically find large enough units to keep your entire collection of sports gear for a fraction of the cost of other storage options.
- Self-storage units are convenient. When you need to use your equipment, you can drive to the self-storage facility and grab it.
- Self-storage units are safe. Our units have security features that protect your sports equipment from theft and damage.
- Self-storage units are an easy way to get rid of clutter. Once you have moved your sports equipment into a self-storage unit, you won't have to worry about storing it or making an unsightly mess around your home.
4. Benefits of climate-controlled storage for heirlooms
When it comes to clutter, there's no question that precious family heirlooms can be some of the most challenging items to store. On the one hand, they hold sentimental and historical value, so you would never get rid of them. But on the other hand, they often take up a lot of space and can be challenging to organize. If you're struggling to find a way to store your family heirlooms, self-storage may be a good option for you.
South Rock Storage's affordable options and various unit sizes ensure that you can find a self-storage solution that meets your storage and budgetary needs! And if you ever need access to your belongings, our facilities offer 24-hour access to get what you need when you need it.
5. Benefits of climate-controlled storage units for businesses
When it comes to businesses, sometimes there is just too much stuff. Between paperwork, inventory, and equipment, it's easy for a company to become overwhelmed, and moving to a larger office building is the last thing they want to do. This is where climate-controlled storage can help. By renting a unit, businesses can clear out some extra space and return to what they do best: providing goods and services to their community.
Climate-controlled storage units from South Rock can provide a place to store excess inventory. This is especially helpful during the holidays or industry peak seasons when stock tends to pile up. It can also be used as storage for furniture or equipment while offices are being remodeled, repurposed, or relocated.
Our self-storage can also be helpful from a financial standpoint. Many businesses save money on rent by using a unit instead of leasing additional office space.
6. Benefits of climate-controlled storage facilities in Wichita during harsh weather
We know the hot and humid summers and dry and cold winters in Wichita. We also know that inclement weather can roll in at any moment. Climate-controlled storage units from South Rock Storage offer our community a convenient and safe place to store their belongings safe from extreme temperatures and unfavorable weather.
What Should You Look For When Renting a Unit?
Here are some tips for choosing the best climate-controlled storage unit for you:
- Make sure to select a unit that is the right size for your needs or inventory. This will help ensure that you have enough space and that you're not paying for extra space you don't need.
- If you're storing items that do not need to be kept in a specific climate, then ask about non-climate controlled options. At South Rock Storage, we're proud to offer our customers both options.
- Check the security features of the unit. Here at South Rock Storage, our facilities are gated, have 24-hour video surveillance, and are well lit for nighttime access. Security features like these are essential for keeping you and your belongings safe and secure.
- Check out the location: When renting a self-storage unit in Wichita, Kansas, it is essential to check the location of the business. It is also vital to ensure the facility is near your home or work to be easily accessible to you. The facility should also be easy to get to, with plenty of parking.
- Check out the facility: The facility should be clean, safe, and secure.
- Check out the hours of operation: It is crucial to ensure that facilities are open during business hours and can be accessed easily by you. At South Rock Storage, you have 24/7 access to your unit!
Storage units provide several benefits for both personal and business uses. They are a great way to store excess furniture, clothing, and other belongings. Additionally, self-storage units are an affordable option that can save you money. If you are considering renting a storage unit, be sure to research and find the one that is right for you.
The best self-storage facility for your business will help you save money and secure your items. And think about what you'll be able to do with all that extra space!
If you are looking for a reliable self-storage facility in Wichita, KS, look no further than South Rock Storage. We have been in the business since 2006, serving the Wichita area. Our facility is located at 8282 East Oak Knoll St., Wichita, KS 67207.
Contact South Rock Storage today to learn more about pricing, packages, and other options. We can be reached at (316) 618-8282 and look forward to your call.
You may also like...
How to Store Documents Safely in a Storage Unit
Worried about your sensitive documents getting damaged? Here are some tips on how to store important documents in self storage.